21 May 2007

Another Tour de Cure successfully completed...

107 km (approximately 66 miles) in a little under 5 hours. That includes 7 stops, which is excessive for us.
  • Wardrobe adjustment
  • The nicest restroom on the trip
  • Peanut butter desperately needed after Newport Coast
  • Ferry crossing
  • Flat tire immediately after getting off the ferry
  • Someone else's flat tire 4 miles later
  • Exhaustion Stop for more peanut butter
Still, I managed to get the least geeky Tour picture yet at the end.


There's one on Michael's site that's much better. I had to order a different one than him. There's also a photo of me with a celebrity.

All in all, a good day. I raised more money than last year, thanks to my very generous friends. If any of you feel like helping out the American Diabetes Association a little further, I'm only $72 away from a really cute jersey. Of course, that shouldn't be my motivation.

How I managed to gain a lb while biking that far, I can't imagine. Must have been the peanut butter.

No comments: