10 July 2007

Ethics Camp

I'm spending a fun-filled week at Santa Clara University at Ethics Camp. This is a teacher thing, and most of you won't be fascinated by details, so I won't give you any.


For those of you who are wondering "what is Santa Clara University?" it's billed as the oldest-operating college in California set on the grounds of the 5th of the famous California missions. However, being a University of the Pacific alumna and former campus tour guide, I am fully aware the UOP was chartered first. Also, perusing SCU's website, I noticed that it was actually a prep school in 1851, not a college. Therefore, I think UOP wins. And it has a better website.


You can't beat Santa Clara for beauty, though. I must admit, it is a gorgeously tended campus full of gardens and lush lawns. However, as I thought when I was a 17-year-old picking a college, it's a bit sterile. You might be stoned if you picked a flower or trampled a blade of grass.

3 comments:

Michael Lasko said...

Wait just a minute, UOP is practically just a prep school. I think Santa Clara wins.

Michael Lasko said...

Nicole is not dead. Or if Nicole is dead, I did not kill her. Even if I had killed her, none of you could prove anything.

Michael Lasko said...

Just because Nicole does not respond to comments left on this page does not mean that she is not alive.