23 April 2010

Reason #4 - Our House

A video of our new digs
Our house in New Zealand

Despite its quirks (no garage, really, really cold) I like the house we're renting in Havelock North. It's in a quiet neighborhood, I'm sharing no walls with neighbors, and it has a fig tree. I've had a good time setting it up and getting everything just so. There's nothing like moving across an ocean to get you to purge your stuff down to a manageable level... and since clutter is overpriced here, I'm not tempted to buy more!

2 comments:

Tana said...

Thanks for the tour! But what do the digital lights on the fridge do?

In the guest room, I thought for a sec that you'd really gotten into the spirit, and the sock puppets were the shrunken heads of your enemies...

Mrs. Nicole Lasko said...

I am terrible at responding to comments. The digital lights control the temperature, vacation mode, and who knows what else? It also beeps if you leave it open. Shrunken heads have yet to appear. You can't import biological material, so I'll have to make some Kiwi enemies first.