10 September 2006

Labor Day Acrostic

Micheal, Jessica, Ben and I biked to San Diego last weekend. Michael and I also biked back. Here's a picture of Jessica. She's smiling despite the giant hill she can see approaching.

Last Tuesday, my class wrote acrostic poems about what they did on Labor Day weekend.

Here was mine (pretty much; I'm not sure I remember it accurately):

Bicycling to San Diego and back
Is a truly Laborious weekend.
Cherry-red nose under the blistering sun.
Yearning for fish tacos.
Coasting gratefully down Torrey Pines.
Lunging painfully up the inclines.
"It's not about the bike"
Ninety-one miles times two.
Greatness is in overcoming the agony.

4 comments:

Michael Lasko said...

Did you actually spell my name wrong?

Michael's number 1 pet peeve: People who spell "Michael" as "Micheal". Only people with illiterate parents are named Micheal. Are you suggesting that my parents are illiterate?

Anonymous said...

We (Sarah and I) just put our bike together for the first time since the EU adventure. (We bought her a single, so we'd been riding those...) We got about 16 miles before I felt like puking yesterday.

On the plus side it took us only an hour to get all the pieces and parts in the right place. (Helps to not have everything covered in sand.)

And - proof that I'm the coolest guy in the world - I TRUED MY WHEELS! And they didn't even turn into tacos or nuthin...

Michael Lasko said...

So it took you 7 weeks and 1 hour to put the bike together?

Anonymous said...

7 Weeks to true the wheels, thank you. An hour for the rest of it.

Sarah was getting pretty damn tired of me playing the rotary harp while watching TV. (Oddly, I trued the wheels about 30% by sound and the rest by sight... with my weight over the front wheel it sounds like a crunching tin can unless I have 'em super tightened.)

And we added about 35K this past week. We're gettin' back into it just in time for the rain and snow.