15 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I was busy this morning doing The World's Longest Sudoku Puzzle, so I was a little late getting to school this morning. I was met at the door by an early-bird student, who demanded to know what I "got" for Valentine's Day.

I told her that I wouldn't get anything until this evening. Now I'm not sure what I will tell her.



Michael sent me a case of Bouteille Call, a syrah port from Bonny Doon. When I went to pick up the box (since UPS never delivers when I'm home) I was shocked by its size. I must have asked the poor UPS guy three times if he was sure it was my box, since we usually get wines in twos. When opened, the wine was beautifully individually wrapped in red tissue paper. It's sort of like flowers. They both come in dozens.

The wine isn't dreadful swill, even if it isn't the perfect port. Expect dessert wine if we come to your house. I bought Michael port glasses to go with it, along with a pair of lovely martini glasses he's been admiring.

The dilemma? What to tell my students I got for V-Day... neither the wine nor its name is terribly appropriate classroom conversation. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is like Nicole blog overload. My head is spinning from the wonder. Yay though! Ain't nothin' like a good Bouteille Call.