23 May 2007

Yes, I have a personal trainer


Her name is Gina.

This is Gina training some guy who's much stronger than me. I do not look like him when I lift weights. I look much sillier.

For those of you who are unaware, I have lost almost 20 lbs in the last six months. This primarily involved eating less.

About three months ago, I decided I needed to exercise more to go with it. However, I hated running, wasn't biking enough, and eschewed all other forms of exercise. I still hate running, but am now financially obligated to exercise at least twice a week. And Gina's fun. Perhaps my legs will make it up those Tuscany hills in September.

I really need to get in shape because I'm doing something insane this summer.

I'm becoming a
middle school teacher.

"Middle school is great," many teachers say. Jenny loved middle school. Tricia would love to teach it someday. However, think 12-14 year olds with raging hormones who have been expelled from their regular middle school. That will be my world.

I will need much energy.

No comments: