10 August 2006

French and Swiss Food Delights!

By fan demand, I must publish something about my recent food adventures.

Over the weekend, I attempted tart flambe for the first time. This was the best food in France! It came out pretty well. This is basically pizza with a very thin crust and pricy French cheese. I burnt it around the edges a little... used to making regular pizzas. Thanks to Bristol Farms for actually carrying both fromage blanc and creme.... oh, yeah, creme fraiche. That, of course, is fake bacon.



On Tuesday, our fondue pot arrived in the mail. Immediately, I rushed out to buy the proper cheeses, and invited Tricia and Jessica over for the evening. This recipe's pretty close to what I made, and was almost as good as the fondue in Switzerland. I didn't use mustard, though. Sorry, no pics... I forgot to take them during all the fondue excitement. I finished the "meal" with peaches flambe over ice cream. Lighting things on fire is never a bad thing. :)

We played poker. Tricia won. It took a long time.

Spontaneous food and drink is fun. I should get more friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, here is the fondue post: FONDUE IS FUN!! Fondue mixed with lot's and lot's of alcohol is also very fun! Putting all that alcohol on fire is also very fun. Yay fun!

Michael Lasko said...

Not creme fraiche...what's the opposite of creme brulee?